Thursday, July 01, 2010

Healing up ever so slowly...

Tried doing a little riding, didn't work real well... It's tough to tilt the head up for long periods of time to look up the road, I'm good as long as I stare at my handlebars for the whole ride... It gets a little better every day though, so hopefully in a few days I'll be back on the bike for some steady training...
This picture about sums up my season so far... Was completely beat at the end of collegiate nationals for a mediocre result due to not being able to train for the months leading up to it due to medical junk...

Was completely drained mentally and physically... Was happy to be in the lead group at the base of the final climb, but frustrated that I didn't have the form to do anything about it... I was finally getting some good form back underneath me following recovering from all the medical stuff and was ready to try to salvage some of the season and try for a good result at elite nationals. I knew I had it in me for a good result in the road race last year (but was again put out due to some bad luck) and figured I could rectify that this year... Didn't even get a chance and now I am back in the same boat I was in prior to collegiate nationals and can't even train and expand on the form I struggled to get back... I've been telling myself it the darkest before the dawn for the last two years now, so I'm wondering when comes the dawn? I'll always be racing, I love it too much... It's just frustrating sometimes... as is life...

No comments: