Thursday, July 30, 2009

well...

ended my big summer racing stint on a not so positive note at nationals... It was pretty hot, so it was important to get 2 bottles per lap and maybe an ice filled sock. So, we opted to use mussette bags. After 2 laps, had a good feed but things went south after that with missing the next feed due to a misunderstanding then another the following lap... Prior to that, I was hurting on the hills but always able to recover enough to get up the next one. The group was whittling down every lap till all we had was about 30 or 40 guys. With 3 laps to go, I didn't have water and took a few sips from my buddy Bryan's bottles to get me through the lap. Going into the feed zone, I was looking for the mussete and was releived to see it hanging out there. I went to grab it and my dad gave it a little thrust out to me which I wasn't anticipating, sending the bag into my handlebars. I lost the mussette and almost went down, unfortunatley Bryan was behind me and hit the bag sending him to the ground. I turned around to see if he was ok, my day was done anyways without any bottles for 2 laps. Apparently he ended up with nothing more than road rash, and maybe some bruised bones. Kind of a rough day and a frustrating way to end the summer racing for both Bryan and I, but definitley Bryan! Sorry man!

Lalla, there was a dude from your MBK team racing... apparently he knew me from racing Bermuda GP with me a few years back. It took me a little while to figure out where I had seen that kit before, but then it hit me...

No comments: