Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back in the falls and back to real life...

Wrapped up my big summer of racing anywhere and everywhere in the U.S with the Texas state time trial championships this last weekend. The best I could muster up was a 7th place, which wasn't too bad for me with a time of 54:something or other for my first 40k... But, I still got blown out of the water by the top guys, especially Stefan who even blew 2nd place out of the water with putting over a minute into 2nd with a time of a little over 51 minutes! Maybe some day I can ride a time like that, but the whole TT thing just doesn't come to me despite how hard I work at it... Of course, it didn't help that a massive tractor pulled out in front of me with around 5k to go... I don't think that wouldn't have made a huge difference in my time anyways though...

For the TTT, our team pulled a disappointing 6th and were quite a bit off the pace... We were all a little bummed about that, but we had never practiced together and were constantly having to make adjustments to our rotation along the way... So, we really didn't do too bad with that considered...

Now, I'm back in the falls and already have a paper to write... Library time following today's ride, then cleaning all the dead bugs out of the cycling complex tomorrow... As weird as it may sound, I'm kind of glad to be back and get back to my routine after spending the whole summer in the car or on a plane and in and out hotels and host houses. Never thought I would say that I'm looking forward to school...

No comments: