Friday, June 11, 2010

A few more shots from riding around white rock lake... I though I got these the other day but apparently they didn't get saved. At 9:30 tonight we start our race in McKinney on a mix of brick and asphalt road. I have to say I am glad just to be healthy enough to race my bike and train. My health was one thing I took for granted before this season... After months of not being able to ride due to poor health beyond my control and the scare of hearing the doctor mutter the word Lymphoma and finally breaking through it, I have a new lease on life and racing. Through the whole struggle, I was trying to be a good teammate and continue racing for the collegiate conference title which all the guys on the MSU team worked tirelessly to make sure I maintained.  Those races during that time were the least fun and hardest I had ever done.  There was too much going on in my head about what was wrong with me and how it might change or end my life.  I am not one to panic, but that stuff still enters the mind especially when you have a month to sit on it before hearing any results. Now I appear to be able to train properly and while I am not real strong in the races yet, hopefully that will come back soon. No matter though now, like I said, I am happy just to be out there racing my bike and enjoying every minute of it...

No comments: