Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Rainy Day Ride'n...

The Iphone stayed at home today... Definitely got my parade rained on today... Five minutes in, the heavens opened up and unleashed twenty minutes of a hanus downpour with lightening and thunder. I kept riding between the tall trees and by the other riders hiding for shelter under the bridges (probably wondering if this idiot thought he was immune to a lightning strike)... I began to get a little worried when I passed my third group of hiding cyclists and started to wonder if I got hit how bad it would be... After all, the only thing touching the ground was the rubber on my tires and I don't think rubber is conductive... right? So... After giving that a couple hours of thought, I pretty much decided I was screwed if I got hit by the billion volts in a bolt of lightning... By that time, the worst of the storm had passed and I just had a steady rain to deal with, my soggy sandwiches in my back pocket, and the crunching and grinding of my overtightened and dried up bearings in my powertap wheel... Three hours later I rolled into my teammates luxury apartment complex soggy and muddy... Jumped in the shower and no sooner than when I got out the rain stopped... Go figure!

Now, looking forward to this weekend... Got some more good crit racing this weekend with Bike the Bricks in McKinney on Friday night which is kind of a hometown race for Richardson's Bike Mart (our BIG sponsor if you haven't gathered that). Then we're off to Oklahoma City Saturday for some more big money crit racing Saturday and Sunday. Last weekends racing in Tulsa was more for training for me. I've been off form since mid March and only able to start training consistently for the past 3 weeks. Tulsa was a good kick in the butt for me to help me get some racing legs back under me. Hopefully, this weekend things will go better than last weekend for me and the team. We should have some of our top riders there as well, from the sounds of it. Pat just came off a stage win at Mt. Hood last weekend, so he's definitely on his A game (even his B game is pretty dang impressive, guess that's the difference between real pros and us mere mortals). I think that about wraps it up... I may have time for a recap of the weekend, but probably not since I get back in the car on Monday to start my drive back to California...

J signing off...

1 comment:

Mike Lalla said...

Sweet a real blog post! I wish I could do those crits! They sound cool and did you see the podium girls for tonights crit? Wowzer.