Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fun times at our team training camp...


Had our Team training camp this last weekend in Kerrville Texas (the hill country of Texas). I got there a day later than everyone due to some classes I couldn't miss. Still got to ride with everyone and duke it out for the city limit sprints. The first day I was there was beautiful with weather good enough to start the ride in shorts and a short sleeve jersey, while the next two where back down in the 30's.
Saturday was our long 100 plus mile day which started with a blustery ride along one of the many crystal clear rivers. We cruised over the many rolling climbs till about the last 30 miles when Max, Collin, and I decided to gun it for the final city limit sprint by ourselves. We mozied back down the road that paralleled the river, constantly watching for landmarks as to when we're getting close to the sprint sign. I kind of dogged on my pulls, I didn't recognize anything and kind of wanted to win that sprint. On this one stretch of road I started to see Max and Collin looking at eachother than noticed that coveted green sign up the road. We all went at the same time and I edged out Collin for the line. We had some awesome fun and everyone is super strong, I look forward to the season

In other news... Thanks to Jim Hoyt from Richardson's Bike Mart, I got the hook up on this Specialized Transition TT frame. Finally got a sweet TT frame that should give that little extra umpf in the TT's. That combined with theRetul, I'll get in the coming weeks will be awesome!






No comments: