Sunday, February 08, 2009

Another weekend in South Texas...

Right now I am in Castroville Texas doing the Alsation Cycling Classic. Yesterday we started with the TT which I was originally written down as a DNS for the results due to rolling up 10 seconds before my start. They later would give me a time that put me in 10th behind my teammates Collin and Colt and just ahead of Ryan. We were going into the crit that evening with a pretty threatening group of guys all in the top 15. We all managed to stay up towards the front and switch off going with moves for the majority of the race. Towards the end I took a flyer with Pat Mccarty from OUCH (previously Healthnet) but we got caught with about 2 laps to go. I managed to still stay towards the front after and recover enough to try to sprint. I ended up coming in 3rd and scoring a few points on everyone who beat me in the TT. Ryan came in 6th which still leaves us with a lot of guys who can go up the road and possibly podium in the GC. Today we have a 75 mile road race and I'm sitting 5th overall and going to have to try to claw my way on to the podium.

We're staying at this cool house that was built in the mid 1800's and has been restored. All the wood and is the original stuff from 150 years ago, it's just been stripped and refinished.











No comments: