Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flour Mill Lofts...


I rode by here a few times on the bike path that goes into Denver and thought, can't they do this in Wichita Falls? There are plenty of old mills they could convert if they could give some developer some incentive to convert an old mill... This thing was built in the 1920's and converted in the 1990's



The floor plan looks pretty cool too, with a view overlooking the platte river on one side and downtown Denver on the other side setting it off. Just across the river, you can cruise over to REI and Kayak a section of the Platte river they set up as an obstacle course or go rock climbing on their 3 story indoor rock or just hang out at the starbucks overlooking the river... Pretty cool!



2 comments:

Biwan said...

yeah man, they've done it in town here. There's that old Hotel by Iron Horse, and also an old school by I44. I agree they could do some more.

Mike Lalla said...

Have you checked out that school yet? I wanted to look at it before I left but didn't. I wonder how much a month it would be?

Lets get the Downtown going like it should be going. Support your bar.