Friday, September 18, 2009

Been doing some car hunting...

It's had me on the computer doing research like crazy... Found a 2003 GTI in Dallas that was priced insanely low. I figured there had to be something majorly wrong with it outside of the high mileage, so I cruised down there and checked it out on Wednesday when I took Tiff to the airport.

The car drove like new but has a few broken trim items inside that need fixing which is no big deal to me, I like having some projects. Gonna cruise back down there and hopefully get it when I go pick up Tiff on Sunday... Already got some mods in mind for it! Maybe a cold air intake to make up for that little gap between starting to accelerate and when the turbo kicks in and some suspension eventually.

The gears won't stop turning in my head, even having a tough time sleeping thinking about all the possibilities... Basically, this little 4 banger can be brought close to the 250hp mark for well under a grand! The only caveat is you would want to throw in a sport clutch to be able to handle the added torque and definitely beef up the suspension to keep her on the road... and all that can get pricey, so I don't really think I would beef it up that much...

I should be studying for my test in 2hrs... back to the books...

No comments: