Sunday, September 24, 2006

Worthy of a blog...

so yesterday I did a little reconnaissance training for the 508... I rode up townes pass to get an idea of what kind of pace I could maintain... but that's not what I really want to write about... I want to write about our dinner experience that night... I was with a buddy, who is also riding the 508, and his girlfriend at dinner... we walk into this small little cafe about 40 miles outside of Baker to grab some dinner... there was one waitress, who appeared to be a little stressed, handeling everyone that came in... this was a small town of maybe 100 people total, so normally one waiteress could probably get the job done... well, it ended up getting busy... Some older guy walks in with his girl and starts walking around like he's some big shot... so much so, this guy sticks his head out the side door (where we're eating) and spits up a nice loogie... so a few minutes go by and I'm eating the best tasting Fajitas I've ever had with this awesome cactus salsa... when the dude comes storming out yelling all kinds of crap about how the food sucks and then starts insulting the people eating there while he jumps into his new Nissan Z... It appeared to me he didn't think he was getting the VIP treatment he felt he deserved and got pissed off... anyways, when the waitress gets back to us, she tells us that this guy was running for assembly man! He must have been out doing some campaigning...

No comments: